- 1997 Sunstate Motorcycles was started in Maroochydore with founder Jamie Muggeridge with 3 staff and silent business partners(Suzuki,Triumph,Aprilia, Motoguzzi,)
- 2005 the company purchased Hervey Bay Motorcycles (Honda,Kawasaki,Suzuki,Triumph)
- 2009 company structure change with Jamie Muggeridge as becoming the sole director
- 2012 Sunstate expanded again in opening another brand new dealership stocking Yamaha,Aprilia, and Motoguzzi. At Sugar rd Maroochydore.
- 2013 with Karl Muggeridge retiring from a World Superbike career ,Karl and Jamie joined forces to purchase Gold Coast Suzuki at Burleigh heads. Sunstate Motorcycles now staffs over 40 people and services all motorcyclists needs with stores at the Fraser Coast, 2 at Maroocydore , and now the Gold Coast.
Established in 1997 in QLD’s Sunshine Coast (Maroochydore), Sunstate Motorcycles has grown from a small Suzuki only dealership to currently representing 4 major Japanese manufacturers and over one thousand units sold annually.
- Suzuki, Triumph, Mv Augusta, Vespa, Piaggio, CF Moto and Used Bike Showroom – Maroochydore
- Yamaha, Aprilia, Motoguzzi ,and Used Bike Showroom – Maroochydore
- Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki,Triumph, and Used Bikes Showroom – Hervey Bay
- Suzuki, Vespa and Piaggio and Used Bikes Showroom – Gold Coast
The ownership of the business changed July 2009 when Jamie Muggeridge bought out Rod Lamb. Since then an active development business phase has begun to improve the management systems and business reporting to that of a professional larger business.
At the end of 2012 after retiring from a successful World Superbike carreer, Karl Muggeridge brother to Jamie joined forces to purchase Gold Coast Suzuki, at Burleigh heads.